Everybody talks about making resolutions at the beginning of a new year. I don’t like to call them that because that’s such a worn-out trope. It is, however, a good thing to set goals. Even if they’re a bit overly ambitious, they can give you a motivational benefit. At present, I’m thinking mainly about my writing because that’s the activity I find most rewarding. As far as my day job goes, I want to continue learning new technologies and attempting to be more productive. All the others are related to my creative endeavors.
I plan to do the following, in no particular order:
* Continue to promote and write on the Steampunk Desperado blog. This daily pace has been rather time-consuming, so I may cut it down to 3 times per week.
* Connect with other writers in an effort to do mutual promotions.
* Try my hand at making a You-tube video, at least once, and see how I can utilize that channel for promotion.
* Finish my current novel Diana’s Fury and shop it around to small-press publishers.
* Submit some short stories to various contests and collections collections.
* Co-author the next steampunk book with Arlys: Professor Ione D and the Steam-Powered Minotaur.
* Get my home and office better organized, which will help with the goals I’ve listed above.
These may be a bit over-ambitious because life has a way of surprising you with all sorts of troubles and obstacles. Nonetheless, I’ll keep you posted on this site as the year progresses. Once again, I wish you a happy New Year 2018!